2 Tsp Gochujang
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 Lbs Home Place Kielbasa
2 Cups Cooked Short-Grain Rice
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Scallion (Finely Chopped)
1 egg per person
1/4 Cup Kimchi: Cultured Guru's Bonfire Kimchi is our favorite and the smokiness will complement the kielbasa
1. Measure out your kimchi, and squeeze out the juice and reserve. Lightly chop the remaining kimchi. Combine the kimchi juice, soy sauce, gochujang and whisk together well until the gochujang is fully dissolved.
2. Chop the kielbasa into bite-size pieces (about the size of a kidney bean). Pan fry the kielbasa in a lightly greased wok or large frying pan over medium/high heat. Be sure to keep the sausage moving in the pan. Remove the sausage from the pan once it is browned well and you get some caramelization.
3. Add the sesame oil to the cooked rice and mix well. Make sure all the rice is coated with sesame oil.
4. Using the same pan that you cooked the kielbasa in, add the vegetable oil and fry the kimchi until it starts to brown and becomes fragrant.
5. Add the rice to the pan and fold the ingredients together.
6. Pour the kimchi juice and soy sauce mixture into the pan and turn the heat up. Stir fry and toss the rice occasionally until the rice starts to brown, and doesn't stick together as much.
7. Add the browned sausage into the mix and fold together well.
8. Taste and add more soy sauce if necessary, depending on the saltiness of your chosen kimchi.
9. Top with a sunnyside-up egg and fine chopped scallions.