Full-Time Butcher APPLY NOW
Home Place Pastures is committed to raising healthy livestock, building biodiversity and nutrients in our soils, and revitalizing the local rural economy. We are offering the unique opportunity to become part of our diverse, hard-working, and rapidly growing team here in Como, MS. This position is fast-paced and can be physically demanding at times. It is mandatory that any applicant considered for this position have reliable transportation, consistent attendance, and an eagerness to learn.
- Arrives to work on time, dressed in proper attire, and ready to work
- Follows all sanitation and safety protocols, standard operating procedures, and company guidelines as outlined in company HACCP plan
- Performs all opening and closing duties, pre-operational cleaning procedures, and maintains organizational and equipment upkeep as assigned by Production Manager.
- Effectively breaks carcasses; cuts and trims meat into primals and retail cuts as specified.
- Ability to break beef, pork, and lamb carcasses, cut, trim, de-bone, and portion meat.
- Ability to utilize equipment such as grinders, band saws, hand saws, knives, vacuum sealers, and scales daily, while adhering to all safety protocols.
- Ability to visually examine products to meet quality standards.
- Proactively becomes familiar with all products and cut names.
- Works well with team members and effectively communicates needs during production.
- Ability to follow written/verbal directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Minimum 1 year relevant butchery experience, including whole animal breakdown
- Knowledge of beef and hog anatomy
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Standing, walking, and bending for a full 8-hour shift
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators).
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
- Hourly position with 6 month pay increase
- Overtime (1.5x) pay for time over 40 hours worked in a single work week
- Paid holiday, sick leave, and vacation time available after 90 days
- Access to company health insurance plan
- Starting hourly rate based on experience and will be discussed during interview
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified candidates will be invited for an in person interview