Farm Store Clerk APPLY NOW
Farm Store Clerk
HOME PLACE PASTURES
1630 HOME PLACE RD
COMO, MS 38619
(662) 426- 6223
Home Place Pastures is a 5th generation family farm transitioning from row crops to a vertically integrated, sustainable pastured meat operation. Home Place produces certified humane, heritage breed pork, grass fed beef and lamb in outdoor production systems without the use of antibiotics. Our farming practices focus on animal welfare and the health of our soils. We operate a USDA inspected slaughter and processing facility and a retail butcher shop and restaurant on the farm.
Home Place Pastures has front of house store shifts available at its Farm Store. This will be an hourly position and tips will be in addition to hourly rate.
- Store Hours are Thursday through Saturday, 8am to 5pm, Sunday, 10am to 4pm
- FOH shifts are 8am to 5pm, but can be somewhat flexible.
- Excellent customer service
- Running Square point of sales to check customers out and send food tickets to kitchen
- Helping customers with meat/ products from our deli cases
- Developing knowledge about our farm history, practices, and amenities, and a knowledge of specific meat cuts
- Keeping the front of house (store, tables, bathrooms) clean and presentable throughout shift
- Ordering and restocking necessary supplies and store products
- Receiving and organizing pick up orders
- Answering phone/ assisting customers
- Help run food when necessary
- Closing/ end of day clean up and register close
This will be a dynamic role involving multiple skill sets. Applicants with a love of food and interest in regenerative agriculture are preferred. Home Place prides itself on a special work environment where teamwork, dedication, and creativity are highly valued. This position provides a great learning opportunity and a chance to become a valued team member of an energetic, innovative, and growing local business.
- 30% off all HPP products
$10/ hour plus tips
Please submit resume and cover letter to Johnnycass@homeplacepastures.com. Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.