Farm Internship for Spring/Summer 2022 APPLY NOW
Home Place Pastures Internship Program
Spring and Summer 2022
Home Place Pastures has an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in hands on experience with regenerative agriculture. We’re offering farm internships starting this spring and extending into fall 2022! Applicants need to be detail oriented, have strong collaborative & communication skills, both verbal and written, and be fit and healthy enough to perform labor intensive tasks outdoors in the elements (rain, heat, mud, etc). You must be able to adapt to unfamiliar work environments, be productive with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities, and be a team player. Above all, we value open-mindedness, a good attitude, and a willingness to learn.
• 12 week commitment. Start times and end times are flexible.
• Hours: Mon- Fri 8am to 5pm. One hour lunch break from 12 to 1 each day. Can flex to include Saturday.
• Home Place Pastures is a vertically integrated business. As such, our interns can choose to focus on the following areas of the business: animal husbandry, processing and value added production, and agritourism. We will try our best to balance the interests of the intern with the needs of the farm. Interns will be primarily working on the farm.
• Area of focus: For the final two weeks of the program, each intern will choose a small project in one of the above focus areas and complete it. Projects can be hands-on, research related, or something Home Place can build upon later. This is your chance to dig a little deeper into something you’re interested in and leave the farm better than you found it.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
• Applicants must be 18 years or older, with preference given to those 21 or older
• Proven track record of responsibility from previous work experiences
• Ability to work and live in a community setting- i.e. responsible, cooperative, and considerate behavior.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: (not required)
• Experience in agriculture work, animal science, or marketing is a plus
• Interest in ag business or farming as a career path
• Diversified skill set - from accounting to butchering to mechanics to marketing , we do it all.
HPP is looking for interns for a three month commitment starting in March 2022. The start and end dates are flexible, but we ask for three full months of commitment. HPP will provide on-farm housing accommodations for interns, pay a living stipend of $500/ month, and additionally provide some meals. We are excited to offer this opportunity to qualified candidates, and we are confident that this internship will provide a well-rounded agricultural business experience that will be an asset in any future career.
Interns will be treated as part time employees in our employee handbook and employment practices. Interns will be paid their monthly stipend at the nearest pay period to the end of the month. If an intern wishes to extend their internship, that can be negotiated during the last month of the initial three month internship. At this point we can offer an apprenticeship, which is a longer commitment but also includes additional benefits and compensation.
Facebook: Home Place Pastures