To Apply to any position:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Marshall@homeplacepastures.com.
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.
Full Time Butcher
HOME PLACE PASTURES
1789 HOME PLACE RD, COMO, MS 38619
Home Place Pastures is a 5th generation family farm transitioning from row crops to a vertically integrated, sustainable pastured meat operation. Home Place produces certified humane, heritage breed pork, grass fed beef and lamb in outdoor production systems without the use of antibiotics. Our farming practices focus on animal welfare and the health of our soils. We operate a USDA-inspected slaughter and processing facility and a retail butcher shop on the farm. We service roughly 100 restaurant and retail accounts each week, from Nashville to New Orleans, with our fresh product. Additionally, we operate a growing meat subscription program, which ships out each month via Fedex.
Home Place Pastures is seeking a full time meat cutter/butcher. Schedule will be Monday through Friday and position will include the following responsibilities:
- Learn HACCP plans and maintaining HP food safety standards and records
- Learn the craft of whole animal butchery for beef, pork, and lamb
- Maintain quality standards for value added products (fresh sausages, bacon, smoked and cured sausages and hams)
- Learn processing equipment and cold storage systems to execute preventative maintenance and repair broken equipment when necessary
- Work on innovation and new product development, as well as strategize for growth and increasing efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn/ improve
- Some butchering experience is strongly preferred- can be from a restaurant setting
- Must be able to work on feet all day and safely lift up to 90 lbs
Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch
Home Place prides itself on a special, family-like work environment where teamwork, dedication, and creativity are highly valued. This position provides a great learning opportunity and a chance to become a valued team member of an energetic, innovative, and growing local business. Interest in local food systems and sustainable agriculture is a plus. Meat fabrication and butchering experience is preferred.
- Paid vacation time
- Overtime pay after 40 hours in a work week
- Employee discount for all HPP products
- Access to company health care plan*
Based on experience- salary will be discussed during interview
*If employee elects to join company health care plan, HPP pays 20 percent of monthly cost. This percentage increases based on performance and time worked. Employee is responsible for the remaining balance.