To Apply to any position:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Marshall@homeplacepastures.com.
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.
Home Place Pastures is a 5th generation family farm transitioning from row crops to a vertically integrated, sustainable pastured meat operation. Home Place produces pastured pork, grass fed beef and lamb in outdoor production systems without the use of antibiotics. Our farming practices focus on animal welfare and the health of our soils. We operate a USDA inspected slaughter and processing facility and a retail butcher shop on the farm. We service roughly 100 restaurant and retail accounts each week, from Nashville to New Orleans, with our fresh product. We also operate a growing online store and meat subscription program, which ships out each month via FedEx.
Home Place Pastures is seeking a Fulfillment Manager. Schedule will be Monday-Friday 8-5 and will include the following responsibilities:
- Timely and effective response to all customer service inquiries
- Overseeing order packing to ensure accuracy
- Maintain fulfillment lead times for all orders
- Keeping fresh and frozen product inventory organized
- Manage online ordering platform and meat subscription service, back office website maintenance, label printing, and communications with FedEx Ground and Express on pick-ups and delivery issues
- Servicing online customer accounts as needed
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Professional communications (phone and email)
- Fluent in using Excel, Google Sheets, Gmail, Microsoft Word, Quickbooks, and back-office online platforms
- High school diploma
- Some type of post high school education
- College degree strongly preferred
- Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch
This will be a dynamic role involving multiple skill sets. Applicants must be able to lift up to 60 lbs, work on their feet for a full shift, and quickly retain the knowledge of HP practices and cuts to effectively service customers. This also involves working in freezers from below 0 degrees to 32 degrees frequently. This position provides a great learning opportunity and a chance to become a valued team member of a growing local business. Interest in local food systems and sustainable agriculture is a plus.
- Paid vacation time
- Overtime pay after 40 hours in a work week
- Employee discount for all HPP products
- Access to company health care plan*
Based on experience- will be discussed during interview
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Marshall@homeplacepastures.com. Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.
*If employee elects to join company health care plan, HPP pays 20 percent of monthly cost. This percentage increases based on performance and time worked. Employee is responsible for the remaining balance.
Home Place Pastures is committed to raising healthy livestock, building biodiversity and nutrients in our soils, and revitalizing the local rural economy. We are offering the unique opportunity to become part of our diverse, hard-working, and rapidly growing team here in Como, MS. This position is fast-paced and can be physically demanding at times. It is mandatory that any applicant considered for this position have reliable transportation, consistent attendance, and an eagerness to learn.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Home Place Pastures Internship Program
Home Place Pastures has an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in hands on experience with sustainable agriculture. We’re offering farm internships this May, June and July! Applicants need to be detail oriented, have strong collaborative & communication skills, both verbal and written, and be fit and healthy enough to perform labor intensive tasks outdoors in the summer heat. You must be able to adapt to unfamiliar work environments, be productive with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities, and be a team player.
- Eight week commitment between May and August. Start times and end times flexible.
- Hours: Mon- Fri 8am to 5pm. One hour lunch break from 12 to 1 each day.
- Home Place Pastures is a vertically integrated business. As such our interns work on two week rotations focusing on the following areas of the business: animal husbandry, processing and value added production, and agritourism.
- Area of focus: For the final two weeks of the program, each intern will choose a small project in one of the above focus areas and complete it. Projects can be hands-on, research related, or something Home Place can build upon later. This is your chance to dig a little deeper into something you’re interested in and leave the farm better than you found it.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, with preference given to those 21 or older
- Proven track record of responsibility from previous work experiences
- Ability to work and live in a community setting- i.e. responsible, cooperative, and considerate behavior.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: (not required)
- Experience in agriculture work, animal science, or marketing is a plus
- Interest in ag business, or in farming as a career path
- Diversified skill set- from accounting to butchering to mechanics to marketing , we do it all.
Home Place Pastures History:
Marshall and Jemison Bartlett founded Home Place Pastures in January, 2014. Their father has raised row crops, mostly cotton, and cattle on the Home Place for 50 years, and before him the family farmed the same 1800 acres dating back to 1871. Now, Marshall and Jemison are transitioning their family farm into a sustainable operation that produces food for the southeast region. By doing so, they hope to sustain an economically viable business on the farm and become part of the creativity economy of their culturally rich region.
HP is looking for up to three interns who will live and work on the farm for two months between May and September. The start and end dates are flexible, but we ask for two full months commitment (June and July, July and August, etc). HP will provide the summer interns with private, on-farm housing accommodations and a living stipend of $600/ month, and some meals. We are excited to offer this opportunity to qualified candidates, and we are confident that this internship will provide a well-rounded agricultural business experience that will be an asset in any future career.
We are an energetic, innovative, and growing company. We value energy, creativity, and flexibility. We also emphasize fun and laid back enjoyment of the farm with hard work and an intense dedication to what we do. We favor applicants who can demonstrate an ability to balance these values.
Please email Marshall@homeplacepastures.com each of the following:
2) Brief (no more than 250 words) introduction/ description of yourself. Include any hobbies, experiences, passions, or interests that you feel would help us to gain an understanding of who you are and what you are about.
3) Brief (no more than 250 words) description of what you have to offer and what you hope to gain from this experience. Essentially, why having you as an intern will be good for us, and good for you.
Qualified candidates will be invited to an interview, after which we will make our final selections. Thank you for your interest in Home Place Pastures!
Facebook: Home Place Pastures